Hello and welcome to Fork and Vine! Thanks for stopping by my blog about food, wine and other pretty and amusing things that interest me. My name is Kate Ferrante and I am 27 years old living in the amazing city of Portland, Oregon. I live with my partner, of five years, Will, and our Pointer/Italian Greyhound, Cassidy. Will and I recently became engaged so I hope enjoy reading about our wedding planning and upcoming nuptials!
In addition to having an amazing, supportive family I have quite a few interests, which makes me a very busy bee. I work full time in the wine industry as the Assistant Retail and Hospitality Manager at Owen Roe and I love it! I just recently started in this position and am having a lot of fun trying to find my way and work on some challenging projects.
Here's a list of other things about myself:
- My name is just Kate, yes it says so on my birth certificate.
- I treat my dog as if she were my child. I am one of those.
- I am a terrible procrastinator. The blog has helped me try to cure this.
- I am a control freak in the kitchen. I don't plan on curing this.
- I collect vinyl records.
- This will come as no surprise to Will, but I have a crush on Ira Glass and listen This American Life religiously.
- I have a small obsession with artichokes.
- I am not a morning person.
- I have dreams of one day owning my own cozy, neighborhood wine bar.